The Marin Chapter of the Citizens’ Climate Lobby supports all efforts to drawdown CO2 emissions and reverse climate change. We support the market based solution to climate change by advocating a carbon fee and dividend. This policy will help enable and accelerate the development of renewable carbon-free technologies.
“CCL exists to create the political will for climate solutions by enabling individual breakthroughs in the exercise of personal and political power.”
— Mission Statement —
Carbon Fee and Dividend Bill introduced in Congress!
“Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act” (HR 763)
Read more about it here!
Economists’ Statement on Carbon Dividends!
Economists from BOTH PARTIES agree: A carbon tax offers the most cost-effective lever to reduce carbon emissions at the scale and speed that is necessary.
Their statement reflects:
- a Carbon increasing annually
- A “border adjustment” to enhance the competitiveness of American business
- A return of ALL revenue to ALL U.S. Citizens to ensure fairness and the long-term political viability
- Regulatory reform
Signed by over 3000 Economists including:
- 27 Nobel Laureate Economists
- 4 Former Chairs of the Federal Reserve
- 15 Former Chairs of the Council of Economic Advisers
- 2 Former Secretaries of the US Department of Treasury
What’s Coming Up?
(see the Events page for more details)
- Congressman Jared Huffman Town Hall, January 24 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30pm, San Rafael Community Center 618 B Street. Event details.
- Marin Chapter Meeting February 8, 2020 @ (9:30am – 11:30am) – Location: Home of Marcy & Peter
- Tabling at the Point Reyes Dance Palace! February 29, 2020, 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Details Coming Soon
- Tabling at Sea Level Rise and Nature-Based Adaptation March 17, 2020: Corte Madera Community Center. More Details.
- Read the CCL blog: 10 fast facts about revenue-neutral carbon fees (August 2018)
- Read the following proposal for Carbon Fee and Dividend, updated September 2017: Revenue Neutral Carbon Fee and Dividend: Bending the Emissions Curve.